[Vision2020] Moscow Ordinance 2002-13 aka The "Topless" Ordinance

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 2 11:42:05 PDT 2006

Visionaries:

I got an email today from a friend who worked with the group which tried to
overturn Moscow's ridiculous and reactionary topless ordinance that was
rammed through due to pressure from the Christ Church "PAC."

My friend sent me a link to an entry on Doug Wilson's blog and thought it
did an excellent job of explaining the Christ Church's role in that mess
that steamrolled over the beliefs of the majority of our community:

"Those who stir up strife in towns, churches, cities, or nations are trying
to create a situation when everyone will get to a point of desperation, and
then try to resolve the problem with some kind of dramatic action. That
dramatic action is sudden, forceful, fascinating, and its effects are very
potent . . . and temporary.

This is why mobs function the way they do. This is how lynching occurs. .
.But it is a pseudo-salvation. It is a lie. When this kind of person
succeeds in stirring up a sacrificial crisis, he gets the mob, or the crowd,
or the presbytery, or the congregation, as the case may be, whipped up into
a sacrificial crisis and ready for a dramatic solution to all the trouble. "
http://www.dougwils.com/index.asp?Action=Anchor&CategoryID=1&BlogID=2510

Indeed.

A law was passed that AFAIK to this day has *never* been enforced.  However,
it did manage to make Moscow, Idaho a national laughing stock  :-(

I have to agree with my friend . . . and I also have to wonder why Wilson
doesn't see himself in his own words  :-(

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****