[Vision2020] Pat Kraut, area churches, and teachings about homosexuality

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 31 23:09:50 PST 2006

Dear Visionaries:

Pat Kraut seems to be buying into the Christ Church party line that
they are being "targeted" for their position on homosexuality, e.g.,
that their property tax and zoning problems have something -- anything
-- to do with the Church's homophobic agenda.  This is bunkum.  It's a
straw man, a red herring, a load of old hooey.  I know of no other
church in town that has tried seven ways to Sunday to evade paying any
property tax owed or has attempted to set up an educational institution
where educational institutions are not allowed -- not the Lutherans,
not the Mormons, not the Catholics, and not the real PCUSA
Presbyterians.  If Doug Wilson and company weren't running so damned
many scams you need a set of bingo cards to keep up with them, no one
would give a tinker's cuss about what they preach.  Freedom of religion
means the freedom to believe and to proclaim whatever ridiculous,
wonderful, impossible, irrational, miraculous, Biblically-inerrant
goofy thing you like.  What it does not mean is freedom to break, bend,
or twist the law.  There's a difference between religious persecution
and righteous prosecution, and Doug Wilson is down on his hands and
knees, working like the dickens to erase that distinction.  Good thing
it's written in ink and not chalk, eh?

Speaking of which, I see that one of Ralph Reed's affiliates has just
gotten caught with its hands in the Faith-based Initiatives till --
buying luxury cars for its ministers/executives with our tax dollars.
Imagine, good Christian folk, fleecing Uncle Sam.  Talk about shock and
awe . . .

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com