[Vision2020] One more WalMart thing . . .

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 30 17:32:22 PST 2006

Shockingly enough, the central fact of Mrs. Opyr's post is, well, incorrect.
A quick stroll down the toy aisles at Wal-Mart reveals names such as Corgi,
Matchbox,  Parker Bros. Milton Bradley, Playscool, Hasbro and Ohio Art.
These are the same names that one would see at KB toys. Wal- Mart also does
have "cheap plastic Chinese crap" but so did KB, Hodgin's as well for that
matter. Admittedly a stand alone toy store will have more stuff overall, but
it will be pretty much the same stuff at a higher price. In an apples to
apples comparison cheaper and more convenient is indeed better.

Myself and others have gone over the reasons for KB's demise on the palouse
and how they had little to do with WM but heck, lets just say she's right (a
potential first). Every business that has failed within a thirty mile radius
is the direct result of big, bad Wally. By that logic shouldn't they be
given credit for the new business that have come along since? How about the
ones that have expanded and thrived? (say thank you Tri State, Moscow Bldg.
Supply, Pullman Safeway,  J J Bldg & Moscow Food Co-Op)

I am glad that Mrs.Opyr is content with the choices that she has currently
and doesn't feel a need for any changes in her well ordered little world.
I'm ever so touched by her humanitarianism with regard to the sweat shop
girl. I am a little put off though by her desire to dictate where I will or
won't shop.

G. Crabtree
P.S. I would be eternally grateful if there was a little more distance
between Mr. Harkins and myself. I'm afraid I suffer by comparison. Sort of
like filet mignon and mcnuggets.

gc