[Vision2020] The pledge Controversy

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 01:02:37 PST 2006

"My exact point is that the Senate is saying the pledge daily
and it has done little to improve the quality of their work."

  A) I am not contending anyone say it daily, or at all for that matter.  Just a chance to say it with others when and if they happen to come to  a city council meeting.

 B) On a more humorous note, how do  you know that the Senate would not produce an even lower quality of  work if it did not say the pledge. At least it can something right  together.

 C) Thousands of organizations, sport teams,  countries, governments, fraternities, sororities, and even businesses  have rituals, and common pledges. If they felt they were of no value, I  doubt they would continue with them.

  Take Care,

_DJA

Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:  No, Donovan, I'm not claiming that the Senate makes bad decisions because
they say the pledge daily.  I'm pointing out the fallacy you've adopted
regarding the superior performance of those who chant together.  You're long
on wind but short on evidence.  My exact point is that the Senate is saying
the pledge daily and it has done little to improve the quality of their
work.

If you want the pledge to be said, fine, that's your postion and you're
welcome to it.  But it's incorrect to then go on to claim, as you do, that a
governing body that says the pledge will do better than a group that does
not.  The Senate illustrates this point for us.

Sunil