[Vision2020] Divisiveness and blogs

AreaMan (DanC) areaman at moscow.com
Fri Jan 27 17:07:59 PST 2006

Joe says:

"With new technology, we can SEE conflict and divisiveness more than
ever before. But that doesn't mean that there was less of it prior to
the technology."

YES!! YES!! YES!!!11one1!!

As a matter of fact, I would venture to say there is far less
divisiveness (dang, there's a lot of 'i's in there) than is perceived,
and the perception is caused by the plethora of technology.  It amazes
me how "divisive" we can get over a piddly issue like the pledge, when
in all actuality purt near everyone on the Vizzz has stood up to say it
when it was being said (okay, maybe not Chas).

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that SOMETHING needs to be done at the
intersection of D and Mountain View.  I'm not sure a 4-way stop is the
answer -- I've heard of studies where they cause MORE accidents, but
you'd have to talk to Les MacDonald about it to be sure -- but I'd love
to see a light there (and at Mt. View/White Ave, Mt. View/Hwy 8, just to
name a couple more).  Maybe a roundabout is the answer . . .

Back to divisiveness:  Even though Joe and I may not necessarily agree
on which brew is best down at Ye Olde Ale Haus, we probably agree that
beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy (apologies to
Ben Franklin)

DC