[Vision2020] Free Market Economics

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Thu Jan 26 20:33:58 PST 2006

Sorry Mr. or Ms. Shoup (I don't know your gender
and don't want to be too familiar) but you need
to avail yourself of a good dose of Keynesian economics.

And you have not come close to describing or
demonstrating an understanding of the WalMart business model.

For a primer, I suggest " The World Is Flat" by Thomas Friedman.

For advanced reading, look at some classics
economics work by Milton Friedman "Price Theory"
and Paul Samuelson.  I also suggest that you
peruse the early works by Peter Drucker (not an
economist) and the works by Michael
Porter.  Porter has a couple of books that may be
very helpful in helping you understand the
WalMart successes.  Please look for Competitive
Advantage: Creating and Systaining Competitive
Advantage (New York: Free Press, 1985 and
Competitive Strategy Techniques for Analyzing
Industries and Competitors (New York: Free Press, 1980).

I am confident that you will find the knowledge very enlightening.

Cheers,