[Vision2020] pledge

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jan 26 18:35:17 PST 2006

Let me see if I have this straight -

A person's commitment to our nation can only be verified by repeating the
Pledge of Allegiance.

A person's support for our troops can only be measured by a two-dollar
investment for a car sticker?

I haven't recited the Pledge of Allegiance in a long, long time, yet I
believe in my country to the bone and forever.

I don't own a "Support Our Troops" sticker, yet I feel more committed to
them now than while I was on active duty.

Commitment and support come from the heart.

Take care, Moscow.

Pro patria,

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."