[Vision2020] Wal-Mart is Unwelcome

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:56:48 PST 2006

Hansen

I gave a simple answer to your statement that the people in the South Hill
area of Spokane all made a lot more than you do.  The statement was
incorrect.  I did not attack you, I just said that having lived in the lap
of real poverty in the South Hill in what is considered the Ghetto of
Spokane, you make one heck of a lot more than the bulk of the population
there.  I even prefaced that to allow you that there is a rich portion of
the neighborhood.

Why you keep assuming that any correction to your postings, refardless of
how factual the correction may be, is an attack on you personally, is beyond
me.  Other posters also pointed out to you that a big chunk of the South
Hill is the Ghetto, not just a little below average in income but completely
and utterly below the poverty line.

I lived in the up stairs of my mother in laws place for two years while the
family of one sister in law lived in the basement and the other lived in the
back room of the ground floor, three families in a 2300 square foot one and
a half bath house.  The alleyway behind the place averaged one murder every
6 months and the school playground across Arthur at Grant School had a
murder rape every year.  The income for the neighborhood was 2/3 of the
poverty line and there was a crack house on every block.  The conditions
have not changed much, though only one of the sisters still ives there now.

So applogy accepted.  But I really was not attacking you just observing that
its a poor place and not a rich one.

Phil Nisbet