[Vision2020] Cabin Fever -- get ready!!!

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:54:32 PST 2006

On 1/25/06, Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote:
> Janesta,
>
> Thank you for your ideas and effort.
>
> If the money is to go to a secular charity like the food bank or one of the
> following two religious charities -- Habitat for Humanity or Sojourners
> Alliance, then I open the bidding for $100.00.

As the former director of Sojourners, I can tell you that it's about
as secular a charity as it gets. Though it was formerly affiliated
with the YWCA, they decided that (1) the YWCA name was too restrictive
and (2) that it was a secular organization that probably didn't need
the C in its name.

Plus, the financial problems at Sojourners are over and done with. I
can pretty much assure you that if you send that $100 to Sojourners,
it'll be well-spent -- God knows they don't overpay their staff.

-- ACS