[Vision2020] WalMart

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:38:49 PST 2006

I have not weighed in on the WalMart issue much, but I was wondering:

Can anyone tell me just how much water the new store would use?  Is the
aquifer capable of handling the new housing and the new store in that area?
For how long? Could there be a requirement for a recycling of water (is that
even possible) so that the actual use of "new" water can be reduced?

What about the trash such a large store would generate?  Can they be
required to recycle their trash for energy?  (Isn't Lewiston looking at
something like that for their town's use?)

Can we require them or any new big store/mall to use solar energy?  or wind
energy?

J  :]