[Vision2020] Wal-Mart is Unwelcome

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Jan 25 11:42:11 PST 2006

Kai and Phil,

Thanks for your responses.  Maybe I took your comments the wrong way, and if
I did, I'm sorry.  I think that there are very few places, other than the
former Cabrini-Greene in Chicago or the El Encanto neighborhood in Tucson,
perhaps, that are "all" slum or "all" prosperous.  I guess I bristle at
things like that because it tends to dismiss the successes of the people in
the "slums" and overlook the rot in the tony areas.  I'm not naive; the
neighborhood I grew up in was and is fairly run down, but I know that
decisions that were purported to have been made because of how government
perceived us rarely had our best interests in mind.

Again, though, your respect and candor in correcting me is appreciated.

keely