[Vision2020] The Cedars

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Wed Jan 25 10:55:24 PST 2006

Good thoughts, but I'm not aware of the county
owning any property beyond the courthouse,
fairgrounds, Robinson Park and Phillips Park.
Somehow exchange or $$ value has to appear.
Almost 15 years ago we had the support of then
Congressman LaRocco to include the cedars as part
of the Arkansas/Potlatch land exchange but that
was nixed by Senator Craig. Then in 1992 we lost
half the orginal section fo land as part of the
Lindstrom Peak exchange between the state and
Bennett Lumber (although the initiation of that
exchange actually goes back to Plum Creek Timber
threatening to cut critical winter range elk
habitat in the Little N. Fk Clearwater R.
headwaters unless someone bought them out.

Mark