[Vision2020] LMT: Lewiston City Council creates growth task force/Pledge

Area Man (Dan C) areaman at moscow.com
Tue Jan 24 15:04:02 PST 2006

Saundra asks:
"Dan, did you try approaching either our Mayor or any of the individual
Council members to get an answer to your question before posting to
V2020 to open the discussion to speculation, or did you at least cc them
on your V2020 post?"

I didn't think to copy them in.  I figure the bulk of them read this
anyway, and three council members and our mayor post on occasion.  Next
time . . .

Like you, I found the discussion enlightening, and the vitriol
entertaining.

I have nothing against someone not saying the pledge (heck, I don't say
it every morning), it just seems odd to stop, especially when its been
done for the last 4 years or so.  It also feels like a "back door" deal,
like Phil Nisbet was talking about.  I don't know why.  Just one of
those "gut" feelings a slack-jawed yokel like myself gets, I guess.

As far as the County Commissioners, another case of "the way its always
been".  I'm sure Mark Solomon could fill us in on how it was during his
tenure.

I'm not taking anyone to task (task force? HA!), just curious.

DC

P.S.  I still wonder what people think about a "Growth Task Force" --
Good idea for Moscow or no?