[Vision2020] More on the Pledge (edited)

Area Man (Dan C) areaman at moscow.com
Mon Jan 23 13:13:12 PST 2006

(I got my butt chewed by my sister with the teaching degree for not
having a subject or predicate or some kind of dangling participle.  Or
maybe it was a gerund.  Anyhow, it's fixed)

Airies of the Vision . . .

I attended the proceedings of the Latah County Commissioners this
morning for a work-related matter.  As crowded as the parking lot was, I
was surprised that only the Commissioners, the County Clerk and Deputy
clerk (and yours truly) were in Room 2B.  I guess today was a big day in
court.  Anyhow, right off the bat, before starting any business, we all
stand up to do the Pledge of Allegiance.

Now, I know our County Commissioners pretty well, and I know they peruse
the Vizzz on occasion.  They knew about the discussion about the City
Council and the Pledge.  I asked them if this was a common occurrence.
They all told me that they say the pledge every Monday morning before
starting the county's business.  They figured a weekly affirmation of
their allegiance was not going to tie up too much of their time, and I
was told that it has always been done.  They also wondered why the City
Council stopped.

Maybe our County Commissioners aren't as enlightened as our City
Council?

DC

P.S.  Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.