[Vision2020] RE: lighting pollution

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:06:46 PST 2006

Jeff and Mark

Actually the two of you are closer than you think though from very different
backgrounds and political ideologies.  The reason is that the facts matter
both to You Mark and to Jeff.

Jeff, Mark has been willing in the past to go with ideas that Bruce Smith
and I devised for what we termed ownership of issues with regards wildlife
up to and including things related to species habitat under ESA.  His
concerns are those of a person who has had to deal with bad actors and I
know that he views regulation as a means of keeping bad actors in check.

Mark, Jeff is not for no regulation, he is asking that we regulate wisely
and not so clutter ordinances that there is no way to enforce them and so
many that all people become scofflaws.

I was thinking this morning that the two of you are complimentary and it’s a
shame that the commissioners can not appoint you both to the Planning
Commission.

Phil Nisbet