[Spam] RE: [Vision2020] RE: lighting pollution

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Mon Jan 23 13:03:07 PST 2006

Relating Kai's post to the light pollution issue:

When I liven on the lower reaches of Nordoff Peak in Ojai, CA several years
ago, some of my neighbors had a problem with another neighbor who left
bright exterior lighting on all night.  That neighbor would not moderate
such despite some diplomatic discussion from his neighbors.

One of the annoyed neighbors worked at a film studio.  He brought home a
1000w strobe that could be set to go off at random time intervals, encased
it in a long tube, and aimed it at the lighting proponents bedroom window
several hundred feet away.

The light proponent had a change of heart (after he figured out why he and
his wife woke up every morning feeling very unrested and cranky).

W.