[Vision2020] I've been arrested . . .

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 23 12:06:16 PST 2006

On 23 Jan 2006, at 11:05, keely emerinemix wrote:

> Me and Jeff, we think we might oughta forgive you, because your
> offense wasn't immediately evident to we who were reading.
>
> On the other hand, if you say "till death do us part," I'm comin' over
> to bop you one.
>
> Re:  the Seahawks.  Was there a game or something yesterday?
>
> keely

As a native of North Carolina, I have to say that no, there was not a
game yesterday.  No game at all.  Nothing to see here folks.  Move
along, please, move along.

Joan

PS: I must again drop a plug on this list for the novelist Terry
Pratchett.  Death is a frequent character in Mr. Pratchett's work,
black robes, scythe and all, and Death speaks in ALL CAPS.  The very
best of Mr. Pratchett's novels featuring Death is "Hogfather."  Due to
a rather complicated set of circumstances, Death is obliged to step in
and assume the role of the Hogfather, i.e., Pratchett's version of
Santa Clause, and hilarity ensues.  Death is inclined to take things
like granting children's wishes and giving to the poor a bit too
literally, thus leaving parents, the rich, and several upscale
department store owners somewhat flustered.  Hogfather is available at
the Moscow Public Library or, should you care to SUPPORT AN EXCELLENT
WRITER, you might buy a copy at our very own Bookpeople.  It's
available in paperback for about seven bucks.