[Vision2020] What is caritas? (was Doug Jones Says)

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 22 12:30:24 PST 2006

Gabe Rench wrote:

 > Okay this one had me laughen...
 >
 > Jackie Wolf use to go to our church.  Me (Gabriel) and some of my
friends
 > helped Jackie out in all kinds of ways.  We built a retaining wall
for her
 > at her house, we worked on her car, helped paint rooms in her house,
and one
 > of the other memebers out our church gave her a car.  Maybe Jackie
forgot
 > all that...but I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  I
mention
 > these things not to boast but to show contrary to what Jackie says...
it
 > does not take much.  Jackie I really do help you are trusting in the
Lord...

And Michael Metzler justly replied:

 > Gabe,
 >
 > Wow; I wonder what could have happened then.  After all of your love,
what
 > would have driven her away?  Have you asked her that?  If her reasons
don't
 > seem sufficient to you, are they meaningless?

Dear Michael and other Visionaries,

Perhaps when Doug Jones, Christ Church Elder, writes that the Church
"aims" to care for its members, he's using that term in the ballistic
sense?  Here we see Gabe Rench taking aim at a former Christ Church
member, using list of assorted acts of charity as a kind of bludgeon.
Gabe seems to have forgotten his 1st Corinthians 13:4.  I'll remind
Gabe here using the King James Version, not because it's the most
accurate translation, but because, under the circumstances, the KJV
wording seems most apt:

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity
vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up . . .

Once upon a time, Christ Church was called Community Evangelical
Fellowship.  I've always wondered about the name change.  Now I think
it might be a deliberate oxymoron, one of Doug Wilson's great funnies.
Where is the Christ in Christ Church?  Where is the Christian charity?
If you go to Christ Church seeking Christ, I fear you will find only W.
C. Fields, chomping on a stogie and muttering, "Go away, kid.  You
bother me."

How about a little truth in advertising?  Since Gabe is having trouble
stringing words together into coherent sentences, I'll lend you a hand,
free of charge.  I suggest you call yourselves "Doug's Thugs" and have
done with it.  Then you can preach what you practice: harassment,
belligerance, arrogance and abuse.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com