[Vision2020] Doug Jones Says It Clearly

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 20 19:28:30 PST 2006

My pleasure. Just a few replies and I too will set this aside for now. You
are right about our having a few choices as to where we buy inexpensive
products but, respectfully, it is not for you to say what I or anyone other
than yourself needs. If my options are limited even a little bit simply to
protect existing businesses, I find that unacceptable.

You are right about my confidence in a free market. Perhaps you could give
me a few examples where an inferior business beat out a superior one. I am
very skeptical that the list will be very long or very objective. I very
much doubt that Tri State will be crushed by a super wal-mart, in fact I
suspect that they will get just that much better and you and I will both
benefit.

Later,
Gary