[Vision2020] It is time. It is beyond time.

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Jan 20 15:03:19 PST 2006

I thought Al Gore was a good and decent man when even my fellow Democrats
thought he was a pedantic, dull-as-dishwater cribbage board of a candidate
-- stiff, wooden, and full of holes.

And surely we must concede that the Republican Party of today bears no
resemblance to that of a few decades ago; it barely represents democracy in
some respects.  I'm just as frustrated with the Democratic party and hope
that both get back to their origins sooner rather than later, because later
might be too late.

I fear for my country and especially so with three more years of our current
administration.  Much of the damage won't be undone, ever, and much more
looks likely to follow.  It's not a conservative/liberal thing -- it's
beyond that, and I don't think it's too much to say that it's now a matter
of life and death, not just for the poor in America, not just for the
soldier and civilian victims of the war in Iraq, not just for "national
security" vs. "terrorism," but a profound life threat to the very soul of
this nation.  And when a nation that perceives itself as a light, a shining
city on a hill, stumbles in darkness, it seems unlikely that the rubble from
the fall will only bring damage within its boundaries.

keely