[Vision2020] City Council and the Pledge

Area Man (Dan C) areaman at moscow.com
Fri Jan 20 14:26:39 PST 2006

Joe says:

"Isn't it more important that they believe it -- which is presumably why
they have chosen to work in city government in the first place."

Yes.  Good for them.  But I have to agree with Tom again (that's like
three times now!) where he said:

"I feel that reciting the Pledge of Allegiance must be reinstated (if it
was not a simple oversight)"

In that vein, I got a wicked cool idea.  If a city council member
doesn't want to lead it, get one of the plethora of local
pledge-reciting experts we have in our fair city, our elementary school
students!  Talk about a neat thing for a kid to get to do, and a P.R.
tool to boot.

Just musing,

DC