[Vision2020] City Council and the Pledge

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 14:09:45 PST 2006

Dan,

 Thanks for bringing this up. I  think any person who cannot show a loyalty to the United States over  other nations has no business being in an elected office in the United  States.

 I think the people in any city, county, state, or  country deserve, at minimum, the knowledge that their elected leaders  are on their team. If an elected leader cannot say, "Yes, I affirm my  allegiance to this country, state, county, and city FIRST.", I think  that disqualifies them from the position. Saying, "I am for Humans"  just does not cut it for me.

  -DJA

"Area Man (Dan C)" <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:  Members of the Vizzz,

I was perusing the agenda for the last city council meeting and noticed
the Pledge of Allegiance was no longer an agenda item. I could not
attend the meeting since my delicate flower was working basketball games
(Go Bears!) and someone had to stay home and make sure the kids couldn't
escape from their restraints (yes, I'm being facetious).

I listened to the city's recording of the council meeting, but the
recording starts with Mayor Chaney saying: " . . . expression of
humanness. With that we'll call the meeting to order." Then they move
into the consent agenda and public comment period.

Does the council no longer begin meetings with the Pledge, or was it
just not recorded? If the council no longer begins with the Pledge, why
not?

curiosity's killin' me, and I ain't no cat,

DC

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com