[Vision2020] Applaud Council

Ben Twigg bentwigg at turbonet.com
Thu Jan 19 22:53:02 PST 2006

Visionaries,

At its December 5 meeting the City Council voted unanimously to reconfigure the Fields Planning Committee. The reconfigured FPC was charged with (re-)examining various aspects of the Palouse River Drive playfields project and submitting its recommendations regarding the project to the Council by April.

The reconfigured FPC includes four neighbors of the proposed site, four "youth sports people," a UI representative, a Council member, the Parks & Rec director, and a Parks & Rec commissioner. There are also several designated advisors to the committee. The reconfigured FPC has not met yet.

At the December 5 meeting several Council members expressed their (continued) support for the playfields project and an expectation that it would move forward. However, it is my understanding that the scope of the reconfigured FPC is fairly broad, and I suppose it could recommend bringing the project to a halt.

For anyone who is interested in the details, the Council's discussion regarding the playfields project begins about 3:53 (that's three hours, fifty-three minutes!) into the December 5 meeting. The minutes are available online at

http://www.moscow.id.us/cityclerk/2005minutes.asp

I am the "soccer guy" on the reconfigured FPC. If anyone has questions, comments, etc. regarding this project, the needs of local youth sports programs, etc., please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Ben Twigg