[Vision2020] A Woman's Right to Choose (where she shops) Hangs inthe Balance

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 16:03:04 PST 2006

Hansen,

  Do you read what the other person writes before responding? Seriously.

  You wrote:
  "Simply eliminating legal abortions will  not eliminate abortions altogether, Arnold."

  My argument, if you actually read it, you would have discovered that I stated I OPPOSED illegalizing abortion.

  It is you that wish to impose your preferences and beliefs on other  people, just like the religious right, you just have a different set of  preferences and beliefs that you wish to impose on me.

  Take Care,

  Donovan J Arnold

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:                    st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                    Arnold stated:

    &#8220;  . . . if I had to prioritize limiting a women's right to choice, it  would be to limit her options to a kill a developing human being over  that of where she buys hamburger buns.&#8221;

    Simply eliminating legal abortions will  not eliminate abortions altogether, Arnold.   What Roe v. Wade provides is a clean, safe environment for the  procedure IF a woman decides, after carefully examined options are  considered during the course of counseling, to undergo an  abortion.  In the absence of Roe v. Wade, the clean, safe surgical  environment is reduced to a back alley and a coat hanger.

    I  would prefer that the legal options exist regardless of a woman&#8217;s  choice, whether it be to give birth and nurture, give birth and place  on adoption, or abort.

    Making something unlawful, does not make  it go away.  It simply provides another item on the black market.

    Take care, Moscow.

  "Feminism is the radical notion that women are people."

  - Unknown