[Vision2020] Al Qaida

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 16 09:22:34 PST 2006

I can't tell from my quick scan of the news whether we actually killed the
people we were targeting or more civilians.  If the latter is true, then the
media will drop the story, as they do each time we kill people who aren't
worth counting, which apparently is true of all the civilians we kill.  Of
course their families may think otherwise, but they don't count either,
right?

It's interesting that we attacked a village in Pakistan.  The other day I
read this in the Asia Times:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/HA12Df01.html

This story suggested that the US is no longer enthusiastic about Musharraf.
Incidents like this are more likely to destabilize him, whether he agreed to
allow such attacks or not.

Sunil