[Vision2020] Be Careful How You Have Your Fun

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Mon Jan 16 08:17:04 PST 2006

Aside from issues of "public alarm" I advise all geocachers to make
sure they have permission from any private property owner where they
site a cache. When I found one on our land on Moscow Mountain I
politely asked the creator of the cache as indicated on
geocaching.com to remove it. He did so soon after. While we allow,
even encourage, hikers to visit our land, it violates the
back-country ethic of "pack it in, pack it out" to leave caches
behind.

Mark Solomon