[Vision2020] God's Choosing

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 15 01:53:36 PST 2006

I think you need to look at the way women are chosen by God throughout the
history of the Bible and humankind in His choices for their roles in His
World; for instance, there is Eve, (mother of us all), there is Debra, Ruth,
Esther, Rahab, Mary (Mother of Jesus), Mary Magdalene, the two women Jesus
FIRST presented Himself to after His resurrection, etc. (Remember that the
men, the "disciples" of Jesus doubted His resurrection even when He first
presented Himself to them and even ate among them.)

Then there are numerous examples of women fighting beside/in place of the
men in their society, both in war and at home (remember Rosie the Riveter or
the women fighter pilots in WWII?  How about the women who fought beside the
men during the Revolutionary War?)

The list is lengthy and diverse in the showing of God's use of women to
teach, to lead and to be examples of His Way and Truth.

Are there things men can do that woman can't do?  To some extent, yes.  Just
as there are things women can do that men can't.  But why limit women to
submissive roles when it is clear God has always held them in high regard
and esteem and use?  Who are you to say God is wrong in making women able to
choose what it is they want to do?

Seems to me if CCer's truly felt women were no better than baby poppin',
bread makin', house cleanin' servants to their men, they wouldn't allow them
to enter their colleges or work at educating their "future leaders" - which,
I might add, have girls as well as boys in their elementary, jr./sr. high
schools.

J  :]