[Vision2020] Daily News Letters: Expected better from Ament

Area Man (Dan C) areaman at moscow.com
Fri Jan 13 14:54:09 PST 2006

Fellow Candidate Joe,

I can understand your frustration at the lack of "news".

I don't know if I'd call it "arrogance" on Aaron's part either.  I'm
sure his heart is in the right place.  The thing that gets me is that it
does not matter who applies for a CUP, that has to go through hoops, has
to be approved by the Board of Adjustment, where they set conditions
(hence the name).  At that point someone can appeal the Board's
decision.  Then it goes to City Council for their approval/denial.  I
also believe that the City Council can take any of those that make it
beyond the Board of Adjustment and set even more conditions, within the
law of course.  I believe that is why Linda Pall came down on the side
she did.

No matter what comes down the pike, the Council has a chance at the last
say with a CUP.

DC

P.S.  One guy's shenanigans is another guy's decorum