[Vision2020] Walmart

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jan 12 19:22:29 PST 2006

Donovan, no one is talking about closing the Wal-Mart that you already
enjoy.  It's here.  Buy your stuff and be happy.  The issue is a new Super
Wal-Mart, one of a potential triumverate of Bentonville Beasts on the
Palouse.  That some of us argue that it's too much, and that some of us
choose not to shop there, is not unreasonable, malicious, stupid or even
physics-defying.  I have a heartfelt concern for the economically
disadvantaged, and you do as well.  We demonstrate it in different ways, but
I would no more accuse you of hating the poor because you welcome an entity
that I think does them harm than I would accuse you of being a puppy-kicking
Commie.  Those of us who oppose a Supercenter aren't trying to close the
Wal-Mart that's here, nor are we trying to force you to shop only at places
we deem acceptable.  We just think that Wal-Mart is not representative of
the best social, economic, and community justice practices possible, and I
wish it weren't so difficult for you to accept that people who disgree with
you aren't inherently malicious.

For the record, you're not a puppy-kicking Commie and neither am I.  Fair
enough?

keely