[Vision2020] Walmart example

Shelly CJs at turbonet.com
Mon Jan 9 18:23:33 PST 2006

I want to give you guys one small example of what Walmart did to CJ's and
others the last two years. Walmart does not sell Mardi Gras beads. At least
it didn't. But they saw how well we all were doing at selling the beads (one
week out of the year) so they jumped in with both feet. The front wall at
Walmart that everybody walks past, sure enough, massive quantities of Mardi
Gras beads for sale at a price of 1/2 of what I pay to get them. Now, after
asking Walmart to donate proceeds (as most of you know Mardi Gras in Moscow
is a benefit event) well, you can imagine. The manager told me NO WAY! So
those dollars are not out flowing to the Walmart Family. Taking money out of
our community.

Last year I decided that I am all done with beads and I gave away every
single strand of beads I had. I am no longer in the selling beads business.
Soon, the tire guy will not be able to compete with Walmart. Nor the gas
station. Nor the grocery store, shoe makers, shoe fixers, coffee shops. If
they see coffee shops profiting in Moscow, watch out. The general
merchandiser who has just done a major expansion. All the clothing stores.
Etc.

Phil