[Vision2020] sewage treatment cost

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Sun Jan 8 22:34:58 PST 2006

Others who are more closely connected to this issue can probably offer more precise comment to allay your cynicism, James, but my sense is that your fears are mostly misplaced.  My understanding of the sewer bill "problem" is that there has been almost no development of long term planning and capital fund building for sewer "issues' and that the sewer system is approaching 100 years of age and is in dire need of significant and expensive repairs.  I think we are looking at a massive capital expenditure and that the increases in sewer bills relate to that in some fashion.  Could someone who is not speculating based on a vague recollection, (as I am, admittedly), please fill us in?

Bruce Livingston