[Vision2020] HR 3855

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:53:11 PST 2006

Don

Sorry about that.  I do tend to get POed when the poor buggers who work
trying to make a difference at USFS or at IDL end up getting trashed.  They
really are trying to make things work and to change forest practices for the
better.  Its easy for many on the outside to point a finger ;at them and
blame them for the sins of the fathers.  Its a lot harder to have to go
through the government grind to slowly make changes happen.

Its easier for the USFS to make those sorts of changes because they have
such large sources of funding at the federal level.  IDL has a tiny land
base and the poor old State of Idaho as the only group that can fund them
and a huge demand for money each and every year to keep the coffers filed
for education.  But just as the USFS is changing, so is IDL, though more
slowly due to financial constraints.

I think if you spend some time with the IDL guys, you would realize that
they want to be able to do more, but they have extreme limits on personnel,
time and money.  Regardless, I should not have snipped at you and I offer my
appology.

Phil Nisbet