[Vision2020] Phil and Floodwood

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 09:40:51 PST 2006

Jim

Every been in SE Idaho?  Do you have any idea of the number of acres clear
cut there?

There was not a heck of a hill of beans difference between IDL management
techniques and USFS techniques for a whole lot of years.  The USFS simply
had more land and a bigger budget to get the cut out.

Since the days of timber beasting have dried up, the USFS has changed.  IDL
is also in the process of changing.

So I am saying clearly, that its unfair to beat up IDL or USFS for the past.
  There is a changing of the guard going on in Forestry at both State and
Federal levels.  I simply hate seeing the current drop of managers, guys who
work very hard on a lot more than just getting the cut out, get beaten up
for the sins of the guys who they are supplanting.

Phil Nisbet

PS, ask Mark how many acres in the Targhee were leveled in the old days and
compare that to your Floodwood example.  I think that more than amply
supplies the evidence of what I was talking about.