[Vision2020] Shopping Center Plans Filed for Pullman-Moscow Highway Site

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Sun Jan 8 08:56:16 PST 2006

Jeff,

Using the latest numbers available (FY2004),
Moscow's general fund (which does not include
water, sewer, solid waste income streams)
received a whopping 3.9% of its income from sales
tax distribution. Sure, pennies are pennies and
they all add up but to hold out increasing sales
tax revenues as a panacea for local government
financial woes is not an argument I would like to
stand behind. Until the Legislature gives voters
a local option sales tax as a revenue source, the
sales tax is a state income source with a bone
thrown to local government.

Mark