[Vision2020] Daily News Letters: Ament shows his arrogance

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 7 17:03:08 PST 2006

I wonder why it is that the Daily News sent wasted so much ink on the first meeting of the new council and so little ink on the last meeting of the old council. The problem, as I see it, is that the old council tried to shove the issuance of conditional use permits in the downtown business district relating to educational institutions down our throats before the new council took office. This hardly sounds like accepting "the will of the people."

If NSA had handled the issue up front in the first place, instead of wheeling and dealing behind closed doors, then they wouldn't have half the problems they are having now. I know it is popular to spin this all as Anti-Christian sentiment but since I am a church-going Christian that attack does not apply to me. I can give you a list of several people who fall in this category, as well.

One thing I have a problem with is granting a right to a tax-exempt college that has been in town for about 10 years that cannot be granted to an institution that has been in town for over 100 years. Try explaining that before extending more ad hominem attacks on NSA's critics.