[Vision2020] Spying on Americans Can't Be Justified (ByMollyIvins)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jan 6 12:26:12 PST 2006

Back in the 60's, during the Vietnam War, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover
approached then president Lyndon Johnson requesting permission to simply
wire-tap telephones of suspected "agitators", as Hoover called them.
Johnson would not allow it.  President Johnson then considered it, what
President Bush must now consider it: an unlawful search and in clear
violation of the 4th Amendment.

Take care, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"

  _____