[Vision2020] The King of Soul

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jan 6 11:55:34 PST 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

Another great voice of the 60's and 70's past away this morning.

If Aretha Franklin was the Queen of Soul, then Lou Rawls was certainly its
king.

Lou Rawls was a regular at the UI Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival and I am glad
to say that I haven't missed one since my first year at UI.

You will be sorely missed, Lou.

"Well now, I refuse to listen to people's thinkin' that I live too high
I'm gonna taste it now before my one life streaks on by . . . "

Take care, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"