[Vision2020] Pre Approved Credit and Insurance Opt Out

Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Fri Jan 6 10:02:39 PST 2006

Visionaries:

This past summer I attended a national meeting on Victim Identify Theft.  One
of the problems outlined was the stealing of pre approved credit and insurance
applications from mailboxes.  The information was then used to steal
one's identity.

There is a phone number in D.C. that one can call to opt out of all
pre approved credit and insurance type applications.  The number if
1-88-5-OPTOUT  or 678688
I called in last August and have not received a single piece in the mail.  We
did not call in for my wife and she still gets 2-3 a week.  This might be a
useful piece of information.

Rep. Tom Trail
--
Dr. Tom Trail