[Vision2020] Lurking

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 14:36:44 PST 2006

Visionaries:

Perhaps one of our legal minds can answer this question.  Are emails  to city
officials part of the public record?  If so, and if any one gives a  hoot,
they could make a public records request to any of the city council  members for
copies of the emails they received today and learn the identity of  our shy
correspondent.  However, for most of us, particularly those of us  who
recognize phrases and writing style, it's already apparent.  And,  of course it points
out a major difference between Councilmen Ament, Dickison,  and Stout and our
shirking lurking Visionary.  Those public  servants attach their name to what
they think and say and do; they are  responsive to their electorate; and
above all else - they treat  seriously the oath they gave last night to uphold the
laws of the  state and city statutes.

There can not be, in my mind, any compromise that chips away at the
Comprehensive Plan for the city.  The trap which was so easily sprung on  our former
city council and a holdover member of the current council  (not that they
weren't mostly willing, indeed eager victims) was that somehow  not allowing
educational institutions downtown was darned  rude.  Wrongo - Bongo!  Eroding the
integrity of the  comprehensive plan was simple-minded, transparent, and  rude;
pandering to arrogant law-breakers, falling for the easy flattery of
silver-tongued devils, cozying up to the dog-collar dragoons, was even  ruder; selling
out down-town retail to a non tax paying bible college - that was  the rudest
cut of all.

 Unbossed, unbought, uncompromised, and smarter than whips, Councilmen
Ament, Dickison, and Stout signal a new day in city government.  Thank  God.  And,
quite aside from that piece of gigantic good news, at long last  we are spared
the sight of kittenish simpering, coy eyelash  batting, and the junior high
gum-popping routine which has marked  the past several years of council
meetings.

Rose  Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight  you, then
you win." Mahatma Gandhi