[Vision2020] First Book Latah County: Mardi Gras Fundraiser

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Mon Feb 27 14:36:56 PST 2006

Hello all

The First Book Latah County Advisory Board (www.firstbook.org)
is a local chapter of a national nonprofit organization with a
single mission: to give children from low-income families the
opportunity to read and own their first new books. We provide an
ongoing supply of new books to children participating in
community-based mentoring, tutoring, and family literacy
programs.

We are currently sponsoring a fundraiser and NEED YOUR HELP!!
We are selling Mardi Gras 'Beads for Books' to raise money to
purchase more books for children in Latah County. These beads
are currently available at the University of Idaho Center on
Disabilities and Human Development (129 West Third Street--the
big white building on the corner of Third & Jackson behind the
'bank with the elevator').

We are selling 2 strands of various beads (fish, hearts and
mixed shapes) for $1.00.  If you'd like to purchase a bunch of
beads (perhaps for your own mardi gras party) or would be
interested in selling some beads at your own work place, that
would be a great way to support this local program.

Please contact one of the following Advisory Board members about
purchasing beads or finding out more information about the First
Book program:

Debbie Gray
dgray at uidaho.edu
208-885-4017 (w); 208-882-3350 (home)