[Vision2020] Churches and Taxes

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Fri Feb 24 11:13:41 PST 2006

keely,

I'm glad to see that your response time has gotten shorter. It must be the winter olympics.

I suppose that would depend upon how you define 'benefits' and 'educated'. The last I heard only 50 % of those who graduate from High School actually go on to Higher education and of those 30 % have to take remedial math and remedial language classes over in order to enter into college. I used to teach the high school graduates that couldn't add, subtract, multiply and divide properly. If I had given them the above data in the form of a word problem, many of them would have added the 50 to the 30 and come up with - 80% can pass the basic math problems with ease.....

Oh, by the way, I'm not smug I just have a head cold.... Thanks for your concern!

lemeno, Doug!