[Vision2020] Mexican Mine Disaster

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:32:33 PST 2006

Mark

Actually Asarco was swallowed by Groupo Mexico and then that firm stripped
all of its overseas assets and put it into bankruptcy here in the US.  In
the mean time, they also tried to break the Union, renigged on clean up in
the CDA and are now trying to sell off the US bankrupted remains of Asarco
for a quick buck while the copper price is high.

Overseas companies are busy as beavers right now swallowing up our North
American resource companies.

BASF (German) is trying to eat Engelhard, just as IMERYS (French) ate a
string of US Industrial Minerals Companies.  The Peruvians bought out
Feldspar Corp.  Unimin (Belgian) and Hansons PLC (British) control most of
the indsutrial sand and gravel here.

Its hard to find an American mining company any more and most of those with
majority US ownership are still listed in Canada if they are public.

Phil Nisbet