[Vision2020] A Sunday afternoon stroll through Theocratic ParkIII or Oh that Dougie he's so mean

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Feb 20 08:37:11 PST 2006

Donovan Writes:

 [Joan]: "They might pick up a copy of "My Town" from the Moscow Public
> Library -- a film Doug Wilson, Roy Atwood, Ben Merkle, etc., cooperated
> with wholeheartedly -- and spend the hour and five minutes watching it."

Participation in an interview and agreement with the content of the entire
film is not the same thing. Nor would I watch a movie tha! t is
intentionally biased under the pretense it was fair and balanced
information.

Me:

Actually, Doug Wilson informed us at a Head of Household Meeting that he
thought the movie did a good job at fairly presenting both sides; Wilson
went further to say that some of it was even informative for him, presenting
some actors or scenes that he was not aware of.  After that public
statement, however, it's viewing was never promoted to my recollection.
(recall that Wilson has sought to put an end to Vision2020 and Daily News)

Donovan:
Humm, I don't know, maybe make new friends, call the yellow pages and get
business because you advertise and provide a service or good worthy of
purchasing? There are 31,000 other people in Latah in which to business
outside of Christ Church. Wilson does not h! ave the ability to take away
persons relationship with God except themselves.

Wilson only has the power you and others give him.

Me:

I think this is a very inaccurate and unhealthy social analysis (and in fact
not very good theology for a Catholic if you ask me); this is particularly
the case with respect to those who have been 'in' the group under
consideration.  Ironically, I just posted an analysis of the vulnerability
that all social institutionalization can bring; how much more so for groups
like CC: http://www.poohsthink.com/index.asp?Action=Anchor
<http://www.poohsthink.com/index.asp?Action=Anchor&CategoryID=1&BlogID=192>
&CategoryID=1&BlogID=192

I'm finding it ironic that Wilson is defended in terms of extreme
libertarianism, while those who have general concerns for social justice are
the ones criticized for daring to even mention the 'private' business of
others.  But others on this list have already made some good points to this,
so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks

Michael Metzler