[Vision2020] Echoes

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sun Feb 19 13:45:40 PST 2006

Joe,

Your remarks segue nicely and aptly into an item from the "Slice" by Paul Turner in today's Spokesman Review:

•One last toot:  "Your recent article on car honking reminded me of this story which took place a long time ago," wrote Dee Hunter.

It was a sunny Friday afternoon. Hunter had gotten off work early.  The car radio was playing a song she liked.  She pulled up behind another vehicle at a stop sign.  That car had on its rear bumper a sticker that read, "Honk if you love Jesus."

"That day I loved everyone," said Hunter.  "So I gave two little honks on my horn."

The woman driving that car turned around and gave her the finger.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com