[Vision2020] Moscow RenFair

Bill London london at moscow.com
Sun Feb 19 12:50:56 PST 2006

Spring into the Moscow Renaissance Fair!

By Chris Pannkuk, fair president

            Although winter is still in the air, the friends of the Moscow Renaissance Fair are busy preparing for the 33rd annual celebration of spring to be held May 6 and 7 at East City Park.  The fair is directed by a private, non-profit community group (this could be you!) and is the only self-sustaining festival of its kind in the region.

The Renaissance Fair Board is seeking entries for our annual poster competition.  Each year community members create masterful pieces of artwork to publicize our annual celebration of spring.  The winner of the competition has their artwork displayed on our poster and the runner up has his or her artwork displayed on the cover of the Renaissance Fair's Program. The winner will receive $200 and the runner-up receives $100.  Poster entries are due at Bookpeople of Moscow on March 22nd by 8:00 p.m.  For more information and guidelines for the poster competition, please visit www.moscowrenfair.org or email sutt5974 at uidaho.edu.

Applications for both food booths and craft booths are available now on our website (www.moscowrenfair.org).  Food booths must be sponsored by local community non-profit groups and the food served must be judged "tasty and interesting."  Individual artisans may apply for craft booths to display and sell their handmade work.  All craft booth applications are judged for both quality and originality.

Each year, the Moscow Renaissance Fair is kept going by dedicated individuals who generously donate their time, making our fair a resounding success.  This year, we are hoping to find fifty volunteers to help with the many different tasks that make our fair so fun.  Volunteer times are flexible, and lots of positions are available, including recycling, crafts, set up, and tear down.  If you are interested or know someone who is; contact Meghan at alto_cello at yahoo.com or 360-305-9748.  Please consider becoming a part of this great community event.