[Vision2020] Candidate, Former Marine, Says Bush Should Be Impeached

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 18:16:55 PST 2006

WOW! Stop the presses, a Democratic senatorial candidate in a liberal  state says Bush should be impeached. What a rarity. To bad he cannot  explain why he is running for the Senate when it the House that does  the impeaching.

 I know I want to nominate the Democratic  candidate that has no ideas of his own and does not understand how the  impeachment process works but can hurl the most insults and radical  statements they can at Bush and other Republicans. That way we can  spend another 2 years wondering why we cannot beat them even though  they had only a 27% approval rating.

 If Democrats would learn  that the way to win elections is to focus on the future, have a  positive attitude and explain what would be different if they were in  office and why it would be better, then we could win some elections and  make this country a better place. But we won't, because it is easier to  complain about the past and Bush bash then it is to lead and present  new ideas and solutions.

  _DJA

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:  >From today's Army times (www.ArmyTimes.com)

Candidate, former Marine, says Bush should be impeached

By Rick Maze
Times staff writer

A former Marine running for the U.S. Senate says President Bush should be
impeached for taking the nation to war in Iraq.

Carl Sheller, running as a Democratic candidate in the Rhode Island primary,
wants his fellow Democratic candidates to join him in urging the state's two
Democratic congressmen, Patrick Kennedy and James Langevin, to co-sponsor a
resolution calling for Bush's impeachment. The resolution, HRes 635, is
sponsored by Rep. John Conyers Jr., D-Mich., and has 24 co-sponsors.

It calls for creation of a committee to investigate possible impeachment
charges against President Bush and Vice President Cheney for misleading
Congress and the American public about reasons for beginning military
operations against Iraq.

Sheller, a former Marine captain, said in a statement that he faults the
Bush administration for many things, among them being wrong on defense and
national security issues.

"Bush lied about being strong on defense," Sheller said. "His military
spending shortchanges combat troops and veterans while enriching cronies and
contractors."

Sheller's campaign has paid for billboards along Interstate 95 in Rhode
Island calling for Bush's impeachment.

Sheller was a Marine combat and staff officer in the early 1990s, mostly in
the reserves, were he was an armor officer. He was mobilized in support of
Operation Desert Storm, although he did not see combat. He was a family
liaison officer.

In a letter to Rhode Island veterans last summer seeking their support for
his campaign, Sheller summed up his service in one sentence: "Often, I
served well and sometimes I fell on my sword."

Sheller said he joined the Marine Corps after missing out on a nomination to
the U.S. Air Force Academy because of a broken wrist.

The state motto of Rhode Island is "Hope".  I believe we can add a
heart-felt "Semper Fi" to it as well.

Pro patria,

Tom "Proud to be a Veteran" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

"I love my country but fear my government."

- Author Unknown

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com