[Vision2020] Please, take a moment to remember.... 2267

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Mon Feb 13 11:48:26 PST 2006

Thanks to Janesta for reminding us of the horrible things that continually
happen in war.

The lost to us is not only these brave persons who served their country with
best intentions for our sakes, but the loss to their loved ones who will
never again feel the joy of their being. Wives, children, parents, friends,
employers all suffer and also give to their country when one of our
countrypersons dies in service.  Let us also not forget those who suffer
horrible, life-changing injuries and the effect upon them and their circle.
Even those that return relatively unscathed having given a part of their
lives and their affected circle have paid a great price under the judgment
of the C in C and at his behest on our behalves.

In the case of this unfortunate war, why are we there?  Is the cause so
clear and compelling that the deaths, displacements, and sufferings are part
of a pellucidly justifiable cost?

It is nice for us to attempt to personalize our thanks to those that serve,
even in some small way.  But in addition, if all of us started e-messaging
our concerns our federal legislators and the president, perhaps we could
make a small dent in the amount of total suffering wrought by this
nightmare.

FYI:

Butch Otter:  http://www.house.gov/otter/email.htm
Larry Craig:  http://craig.senate.gov/
Mike Crapo:  http://crapo.senate.gov/

George Bush:  http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

None of those representing us above give out to the public their email
addresses (they only give them to the privileged).  However, by going to the
websites above you can leave a message.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421