[Vision2020] Dutch ovens

JeanC jeanc38 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 08:20:46 PST 2006

On 2/13/06, Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Mark.
>
> I've only found one brand in stores in town, which makes it difficult to
> assess how think the enamel is.  The on-line reviews I found of that brand
> has knocked it out.  I found a ceramic oven in Lewiston, but it has 'Break
> Me' written all over it; if I buy it I'll be out a bunch of money in no time
> at all, as clumsy as I am, so it has to be cast iron.
>
> Thanks for the advice,
>
> Sunil

Most cooks I know online use le Creuset and are happy with it. Lodge
(http://www.lodgemfg.com/) has come out with a line of enameled dutch
ovens, but I haven't heard of how people like them as yet. I have
considered enamal, but am happy with the regular Lodge cast iron dutch
oven (not a camping style) and skillet.

Jean C
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can
  change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
    Margaret Mead
http://www.uidaho.edu/~bjcraw/