[Vision2020] More amusement for Gary

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 15:01:37 PST 2006

Gary,

If you're amused by inconsistency, you should find
humor in Dale's post about Robert E. Lee's birthday.

http://right-mind.us/blogs/blog_0/archive/2006/01/17/40525.aspx

He sources a Wikipedia entry about Lee-Jackson-King
Day and when one of his think-a-likes touts that Lee
released his slaves before the start of the Civil War,
Dale corrects him and cites that "Lee believed slavery
to be a great moral wrong, never owned a slave
himself..."

And yet if Dale had just searched a little further on
the Wikipedia he would have found this entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee#Lee_as_slave_holder

I like Dale's blog because he starts with a conclusion
and cherry picks articles which support it and ignores
any articles which dispute it.  Like I've written
before (and you can check the v2020 archives), it's
Dale's blog and he can post what he wants.  Screw fair
and balanced.

-Scott