[Vision2020] Remote, isolated Moscow

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:13:53 PST 2006

Reading some of the national sports reports about Dennis Erickson's return
to the U of I, there is often reference to how remote and isolated we are
here.  Isn't that a little overblown?  I have personally been in Moscow in
the morning, and ended up in Atlanta (Georgia, not Atlanta, Idaho) the very
same day.  Ditto other exotic locales like Los Angeles and Ellensburg,
without once having to resort to a dog sled team.  Is our remoteness
overstated, or am I just a hopeless country rube who simply doesn't realize
how bad I've got it here?

                                                                        Carl
Westberg Jr.